Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks
Perfect for the colder evenings.
Slowly Braised Lamb - 'Just like the Italian mamma makes it, full of soul!
500g - R102-00 (serves 1-2)
1kg - R201-00 (serves 3-4)
Cooking & Heating Instructions
PACKAGING: The food is sealed in a CPET (is a variation of standard PET which has been crystallized for heat resistance, rigidity, and toughness) container. And safe for food storage and freezing.
THIS PRODUCT CAN BE HEATED IN THE MICROWAVE OR IN THE OVEN
- DEFROST PRIOR TO COOKING
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Transfer dish to oven-proof dish, cover meat with foil.
- 500g (serves 1- 2 ) - Heat for 20-25 minutes. Grill for last 5 minutes.
- 1kg (serves 3- 4) - Heat for 30-35 minutes. Grill for last 5 minutes.
- Ensure food is piping hot throughout. If not, heat for an additional brief period
- Allow food to stand for 2 minutes before serving
- Once defrosted, please keep refrigerated and eat within 48 hours
- Pierce the film or remove it completely.
- Microwave on high (100% power) for 5 minutes; (checking and stirring every minute).
*Please note that the listed portion sizes should be used as a guide only, as each individual’s appetite and if any accompaniments are being served.
Best served with cous cous, rice or creamy mash. Garnish with some chopped apricots and flaked almonds.